[IPk] Funding for Insulin Pump

I am in the process of obtaining a disetronic insulin pump and am considering
approaching my health authority for some kind of funding. My consultant has
agreed to support my application for funding on medical grounds as despite
intensive therapy my blood sugars during the night and early morning are
consistently high. Moving to a pump should hopefully overcome this problem.
Does anyone have experience in applying for and obtaining funding? I would
really appreciate it if anyone could pass some useful tips my way. I live in
Edinburgh so my local health authority is Lothian.