Re: [IPk] RE: Diabetes Dorf Althausen

>I feel sometimes a bit guilty about saying too much about the German health
>system in this group, because the situation (pump acceptance, availability
>of funding) is so very different to the NHS. Makes me sometimes wonder
>(seeing as the UK is part of the EU) whether any Britain has ever moved to
>Germany just to get a pump and the training.

I don't know what others feel, but provided the main thrust of discussions
revolves around what happens in the UK, contributions from elsewhere in
Europe and the world  are more than welcome :-) Besides, hearing how other
countries tackle problems differently teaches us all something.

And patient education seems to get a very high priority in Germany - and
that is a very good thing I believe. Residential courses where you are
forced to hear the facts, and be trained to a very high level, in one
specific illness.

mailto:email @ redacted