[IPk] Hi Carmel

I have been on a pump for 3 months now and I think I am doing beautifully. I
have had DM  for 50 years next year and I am so insulin resistant I don't
know how anything works with me. I am on very high basal rates = 1.4, 1.5,
and 1.8 but it works and no matter what I eat I have to have a bolus of 12 =
but it works!!!  I did a fasting basal check a couple of days ago over 7
hours and my BG's were between 4.8 and 5.8.  I do get peculiar blips now and
again but there is usually a reason for it.  before the pump I was on 124
units of humalog and insulatard a day but now I am on 70 units per day.
Also I have had terrible trouble with infusion sites but I am working that
out now as well.  Don't let anybody put you off fighting for your pump = it
is really worth the effort.  Good luck Iris Flight