Re: [IPk] islets transplants - non pump message

On Fri, 19 May 2000, you wrote:
>When do you think this technique will be widely available ?

Well I wouldn't exactly hold your breath.....

Think how many issues there are to be overcome.
But it sounds like one of the most promising of all the "cures" right now.

When I was dxed (in 1979) my dad used to say I was lucky because they
wouldn't find a cure [that would actually be used on everyone] in his
lifetime (he has type I too), but they would in mine. I think he was
probably right (he's now 60).