Re: [IPk] post-exercise spikes

At 03-05-00 11:51 +0100, you wrote:

>When I'm feeling adventurous, I might try using Actrapid in my pump and
>going for a long walk,and seeing how its effect differs from Humalog.
experience. Having only ever used Actrapid in my pump. During the 80s and
early 90s my main form of exercise was long distance walking in Lake
District, Scotland etc. I never had any problems after the walking, but I
note that I did not reduce the basal rate either (that was impossible for
less than a whole day with earlier pumps). The only variation from the norm
was that I ate an occasional dextrose from time to time.
If you do try Actrapid and it does not work I would be interested as it
would just further prove that every (person) diabetic has different
requirements, which many consultants do not realise.