Re: [IPk] And this from the Guardian -Islet Transplants

>The additional information in this article is that sucess is dependent on
>the use of a new anti-rejection drug Rapamune, for which the anticipated
>cost will be 5000 per year per patient.

I'd wondered what was "new" here - they've been trying and failing to do
this for years. Do reckon this represents a breakthrough, Ray? Or just a
slick press release?

5000 is probably quite cheap if you consider the total cost to the nation
of one case of type 1 diabetes: not just insulin, testing strips and
equipment, but doctors' time, patient's time (yes - I value the time I lose
every day fussing around with my diabetes), productivity lost in the work
place, loss of quality of life and so on.

mailto:email @ redacted