No Subject

I am reading with interest all the comments with regard to IV insulin.
Indeed when I am feeling really grotty with ultra high bgs I have often felt
tempted to give myself a dose of IV insulin but as a health professional
myself  I would be too frightened as I would fear the consequences and am
aware of the dangers of giving IV drugs. The reasons doctors don't teach
patients to do this themselves is that such procedures should only be used
under medical supervision. The said nurses that injected their child in such
a way would not have been trained to do so unless of course they put a
cannula into their child's arm each time they administered the insulin. They
should have been disciplined for professional misconduct if nothing else. I
Do hope that anyone reading the listings would consult their medical
practitioner before even considering such treatment. Carmel