Re: [IPk] Humalog absorbtion

>No proof, but I do feel that the fat around an infusion set absorbs Humalog
>slower and slower the longer the set has been in. That's one reason why I
>change set every 2 days. (Luckily I don't have to pay!)

Yes, I've noticed that if I leave it any longer than 3 days I have
absorption problems. but I don't notice any difference before then. What is
weird is that it seems sudden.
For example, last night my set had been in 3 days, and suddenly my BG shot
up to 18 and stayed there, after being a perfect 5 all day. There was
definitely no degradation in the preceding hours, just a sudden lack of
absorption. After changing the set it came down.