Re: [IPk] iv correction bolus

>Why would doctors be afraid to train a suitably competent mature person to
>take an intravenous injection?

Sorry, I sent that last mail before I'd finished. What I was going to add
was that in most cases, I guarantee you'd get the response that "it's
unnecessary". Personally, i think in terms of overall control, it's
unnecessary - particularly as it's not considered a good idea to bring down
a VERY high BG quickly (something to do with the balance of electrolytes in
the blood, I believe?) - but it would make life easier. For example, if my
Bg is above 10, I will wait to eat until it goes below, if at all possible.