[IPk] more about pumps and goalball

Well, I survived my first goalball tournament at the weekend, and so did my
pump. Ray's pump holder thingy arrived too late for me to test it out. But
they must be made for giants - on the tightest seting it's still far too
big (and I'm not exactly small). Would have been a nice idea though. Also, I
discovered that the back probably isn't the safest place to wear a pump
when playing goalball. At novice level, it's probably safest where it is.
At a more advanced level I might need to take it off. Knowing about stress
and competitions, I left my basal running at normal level throughout the
day, and the adrenalin countered the physical demands and I ended up with
my BG running at 6-8 all day (which I was pretty amazed at!).

incidentally, we won all our matches except the last one, and came 2nd
overall, and I scored 10 goals (and one own goal - oops). And every muscle
in my body hurts.