Re: [IPk] third week of the pump starts tomorrow

> What was worst about the week: The hypos - nine in a six day period.  Some
> of these were due to rubbish food that I didn't eat and then forgot to
> down my basal rate to compensate for some of the unused insulin.  Some of
> them were due to distraction and tiredness.  I wasn't very impressed with
> myself.

I find a basal after eating works much better in terms of levels and
convenience - i.e. you know exactly how much to bolus for. Actually my
absorbtion seems to be very fast - most of the time I square wave over half
an hour for a meal up to 50g carb and one hour for 50-100 etc. etc. I make
adjustments depending on the type of carbs and what I plan to be doing after
the meal. Very much a trial and error process. All this experimenting bagan
when I couldn't eradicate the post meal hypos with straight boluses even
after the meal. Anyone else square wave most of the time?