Re: [IPk] Cortisone Creams

>Help please. Has anyone tried cortisone creams for necrobiosis? Did it make
>any difference and were there any side-effects.

Ian -

I had a bit of necrobiosis (NLD) about 3 years ago - a slight shiny patch
on my shins. But it wasn't bad, and cleared up of its own accord without
any treatment.

NLD is a funny one - it seems to occur more in people with diabetes, but
isn't related to your control: we are all equally likely to get it. So in
that respect it isn't a classic diabetic complication.

When I had it, I did a search of all the medical literature, and the
general view was that cortisone treatment is of no benefit at all. Yet many
doctors prescribe it - make what you will.

A few months back I had uveitis - inflamation of the inner eye. Not
diabetes related, but jolly painful. It was treated successfully with
cortisone drops. During that period my diabetes seemed to be less stable.

mailto:email @ redacted