Re: [IPk] Insulin requirements pump vs pre-pump

> Just out of curiosity, one of the main attractions to me of a pump is the
> possibility of reducing insulin intake and therefore also reducing
> bloating/weight and hopefully BP meds.
> I'd appreciate some feedback as to what you have found pre and post pump
> this issue.

My insulin requirements decreased quite significantly when I started the
pump. Pre-pump I was on 26 humalog, 28 Insulatard daily. On the pump I
average 40 humalog daily and am eating more into the bargain. For the first
two weeks my insulin requirements on the pump almost halved, now it's
levelled out a bit. It's great to not think of insulin being wasted and
causing all sorts of who knows what complications.