Re: [IPk] 508 remote control

>>I think a silent eyes-free bolus facility would have been very useful... I
>>want a 508, or a Disetronic!
>How does the Disetronic let you  do it both silently and eyes-free?

The buttons on the Disetronic pump have a much firmer "crunch", so if you
put your hand in your pocket to bolus, you are left in no doubt as to how
many units you've pressed. At least, that is what my Norwegian friend Erik
Wold told me...

The Minimed buttons have a slight tendency to "bounce" sometimes, and
register 2 presses when you only wanted one. That's why you have to look at
the pump when dialing up a bolus, or listen for the beeps.

mailto:email @ redacted