Re: [IPk] Enough chat

John I am gob smacked with this posing.  I have just been though every post
since the 1st April to date and whilst there are a few slightly off topic
(and by that I mean very slightly) follow ons from post most "are" directly
or indirectly related to pump therapy and how people in the real world deal
with it.

I am struggling here to put my surprise into words as the content of the
postings have provided much help personally for me over the last 6-10 weeks
or so since consider and then going onto pump therapy.

The whole area of lists and discussion groups are for people to discuss
there experiences and point of view regarding the specified list topic eg.
Pump Therapy.

It is my strong belief that through conversation and on topic chat people
build a greater understanding of the subject.  Also I am sure that many
people will agree with me that due to yourself (John D) being so on the
nail with carb counting, this makes me for one be more vigilant in my
attempts at accurate counting, this would not have arisen if Joan and many
others during "conversations" either in person or on-line had not told me
about you and the subtle jokes that go with this on the list.

I am sure that if you are looking at this list after being off-line for a
couple of weeks it might look mad but I would have to say that I do not
agree entirely with your comments.

With reference to your comments regards DNS's and doctors, I know that they
are busy (atn't we all !) but this group is about the people using pumps
and there experiences and problems etc. If you just made it for the "cries
for help" it would become very dull and would become almost unusable and
would not provide the information so desperately required by new pumpers.

Having used the Internet for some 8-10 years I have seen many list start
and die due to information overload and general waisted chat.  The one
thing I always praise this group about when I tell people about it is that
it is 99.9% on topic and the people are genuine users and not advertisers etc.

I am quite happy to take the blame for some of the idle chat that my have
happened over the past few weeks, but i don't feel that it has been a waist
(but I am open to be told otherwise).

I am still so shocked by this post that I don't really know how to finish
other than by signing off.