Re: [IPk] Serious idea, need feedback

I don't think that a non-diabetic could truly get the whole 'diabetic'
experience even while wearing a pump for a few weeks.  You can't recreate
the feelings of hopelessness that you have sometimes, fear of complications,
frustration when your bg's are not where you want them....the most you can
expect is that these people understand the little inconveniences and day to
day activities involved with wearing a pump.  Inducing hypo and hypers is a
bit on the extreme side if you think about it (even if I have wished it to
happen to others so they wouldn't look at me like I was crazy and moody for
no good reason;).  Would you require doctors and nurses caring for people
with cancer to try chemotherapy, radiation treatments, induce pain and
nausea....Yikes!? But you were just joking about all that ...right.