Re: [IPk] Glycemic Index

> I'd love to see how that experiement is organised. Where have you read
> about it? With only basal insulin, all carb is meant to raise the bg by the
> same amount, and it will never return to normal again if the basal rate is
> correct... Obviously the kidneys will strip out exessive amounts of glucose.

Look at Rick Mendosa's website for starters and have a look at
Bernstein's book. I can lend it to you if you want (very interesting
reading even if you don't agree with the low-carbign approach).

Rick's site explains it in some detail and how it is calcualted. Lots
of references and links too.

A discussion about its validity at