[IPk] Re: ip-uk-digest V1 #43

Hi,this is Hilary, Ele's dreadful mum. Now I'm really going to try and get
my head round this technology and send my pennies worth.Iv'e been so pleased
to see a growing number of 'you lot' communicating, its just what we need. I
do feel that the main thing at the moment is for each and everyone on pumps
or connected to people on pumps to spread the word in the medical and
diabetic community. eg Ele went to a DSN conference and showed 200 people
how healthy and happy she was on the pump. John D went to the BDA conference
in Glasgow and spread the word there. Neil was on the Esther Show and got
out his pump. Ele and I went to a small BDA conference in camridge and
quietly advertised her pump there. There is no better advertisement than a
happy Pumper! So get out there! Of course if we could get one of the
diabetic Westminster M.P.s onto the pump, or Steve Redgrave, that would help
Those of you who are one of the recent Disetronic recruits might know that
Bea Shevitz and I wrote a screed intended to go to the 'great and the good'
in order to raise money to start a national charity, due to circumstances
'beyond our control' this didnt happen. One problem being that that people
who serve on the board of a charity cannot benefit from it. Another being
that pump users are so wide spread and busy that it was difficult getting
enough interested people in one place for long enough to get some serious
decisions sorted. As a result of this John D. and his fellows in Bournmouth
have set up a charity under the umbrella of the Bournmouth hospital to raise
money for local use. Other 'Centres of Excellence' may be able to do the
same. This is not completely satisfactory as if we [as a body] want to
produce some literature  or a newsletter [John D and I are working on a
draft] then money has to be found to print and send it out.
Anyway enough of that for now, i'm just going to prepare a gourmet meal for
Ele, oat crackers and water should do it, that was water not vodka!