Re: [IPk] more pump questions

>(1) When I use a Sofset, when I take it out the cannula is covered in
>some kind of white substance. Just curious as to what it is. I don't
>get it with a Silhouetter.

Aha! I have very occasionally noticed this, but it's quite rare for me.
It's always coincided with periods of great stress - either illness or
visiting parents-in-law etc. Sometimes the white stuff actually blocks the
cannula and causes a No Delivery alarm. It seems to be some extra response
by the body's immune system to physically isolate a foreign body.
Silhouette and SofSet cannulas are made from different materials, so might
elicit different responses.