Re: [IPk] Serious idea, need feedback

Hi Nathan

I have been thinking along the same lines just recently but for slightly
different reasons. I agree that over the next year or so people will become
more interested in pump therapy and would want further information about it.

While I am not yet on a pump, I am hoping that a center will be set in Bristol
soon, but I am keen to see information about pump therapy being more readily
available, not only for people with diabetes but also for the healthcare

Some of you may know that I manage the Diabetes Insight web site which provides
info about various aspects of diabetes and was looking to expand that to
include info about pump therapy  - more or less along the lines that you are

John Neale and I had sort of floated the idea sometime ago and recently I had
discussed it with one or two others. I was planning to spend the next couple of
weeks formulating some ideas.

If you are going to put information together like this, it ideally needs to
fairly readily accessible.  I am quite happy to put the info on the web site,
as the web site gets a lot of visitors from the UK each month.  The other thing
that I have started to do on the web site is to put the information into A4
Adobe Acrobat format, so that people can download a document or booklet.

That is my two pennies worth for the moment.

At 18:44 22/05/99 , you wrote:
> In those famous words .....
> "I have a dream" or rather I had a thought whilst NOT sleeping last night.
> Pump therapy I believe is going to take off in the next 18 months in the UK,
> but there is the potential of a repeat of the disasters that happened in the
> 80's.
> Being part of this group for a while now I have come to realize how much
> people here know and how great the potential for another 80's disaster is
> likely.  So last night I started to think about how we (the group) could
> reduce the risk of this happening.

Diabetes Insight & Support
mailto:email @ redacted
There are No Problems only Solutions