Re: [IPk] ID cards

>And guess what - in the UK they don't use Humalog in IVs, only
>Actrapid (AFAIK) because "it's too dangerous".

As far as I'm aware, if you take your insulin intravenously, there is
absolutely no difference in the action of Actrapid and Humalog. H is only
faster getting through the fat and into the blood. Once there all insulin
lasts about 20 minutes.

Crystaline insulins are very dangerous if given IV, since the crystals get
blocked in small veins and do strange things.

 And then they wondered
>why I was hypo when they took me into the operating theatre!

Was that when you got knocked off yer bike first second or third time?
Dangerous place Manchester...