Re: [IPk] no delivery alarms

I called the Mini-med rep one night because I kept getting no delivery
alarms even after changing sets.  He said that sometimes the syringe part
gets stuck and creates back pressure.  He sent me a few syringes from a
different lot and said to make sure you pull the plunger up and down a few
times before filling in up with insulin (which I forget to do sometimes).  I
think he said there is lubricant in the syringe and spreading it around
helps it from getting stuck.

He also mentioned that I may not have been getting all of my basal insulin
and it only alarmed when I was bolusing because then enough back pressure
had built up.

Hope that helps...