Re: [IPk] No Delivery alarms

> With the Minimed pump, and possibly also with the Disetronic (Please =
> confirm, John?), the alarm occurs due to a build up of pressure against =
> some sort of blockage. In the Minimed this will normally occur at less =
> that the equivalent of 3 units of delivery.

That's quite a long time to go without insulin if it's just a basal
going through. You might not be getting anything for 6 hours before
the alarm went off!

However, I imagine that this isn't as much of a problem as it sounds
as it would be unlikely to happen in this way except directly after a
site change (presumably why they recommend changing the site before a

> Never forget, however, that many blockages occur because of problems at =
> the site, either by blocking with tissue, or as the result of early =
> stages of a build up of irritation etc. If the blockage can be cleared =
> once the set has been taken from the site then this is an indication of =
> a site problem.

It's a bit late by then as you've already taken the set out!
Would it fair to assume that if you just get one alarm and then it's
fine, it's unlikely to be a site problem?
P.S. Ray, is it possible for you to turn off the html in you r emails?