[IPk] air bubbles question

I was playing with the tubing just now and wondering about air bubbles.
if I hold a section of tubing (say about 5 inches long), and I rotate
one end between my finger and thumb, whilst keeping the other end
still (pr even when moving the other end at the same time), I can see things moving up and down the tube. WHat I can't work
out is if this is just the light or if it's tiny sections of air. The
pump is working fine and doesn't appear to have any air in, but who

Bearing in mind my weird (and limited) vision, can someone try doing
this and tell me if they see the same thing or if it's likely to be
Usually when I think I see air it's not really.