[IPk] Insurance Matters

The question of insurance has arisen a few times in the last couple of days.
In our experience it seems fairly straignt forward to have it included on your household insurance as long as you declare it as an item with particular value. We have had cases where damage/loss has been covered in this way.
We are currently dealing with a case where a pump was stolen from a holiday apartment, where the pump had been declared as a special value item on the holiday insurance cover. The insurance tell us they will honour the claim - we just have to wait and see.
In general though, treat your pump like any valuable item for insurance purposes, but do declare it even if it means fighting the insurance company to have it accepted.
We would be happy to help with any queries that arise.
Ray Morrissey