Re: [IPk] Response to various points re minimed

> then some find it cumbersome. But if anyone wants to tryit out just let =
> me know.(Any one fancy doing an accessories review)

I'll review any accessories if I get to keep them!
> 3) Accessories - as I understand it many of these accessories were =
> designed by, or suggested by, diabetics from their own personal =
> experiences. But not every one finds them the same way. we do have a few =
> devotees of the 'thigh thing', for example, but other who are not so =
> keen. I have not tried it myself!!.

I wasn't slagging off the MM accessories, Ray. But you're right, different things suit different people. Some people seem to be unaware of this and are full of "this is the thing you need - it'll work because we've tested it".
Eleanor is the only person I've heard of who's found the thigh thing
works - I've heard so many reports of it not working (which is the
case for me) that it makes you wonder whether one person just came up
with it, it worked for them and that was it. I know a
lot of people who've designed their own things which work much
better. For example, the thigh thing specifically says "designed not
to slip" but yet it does slip for a lot of people, and doesn't have
anything special to grip or prevent it slipping - it's basically just a piece
of stretchy material. I suggest you try it (with a pump in) and see if
it stays on your leg!

Incidentally, I found a new way to wear the pump last night. I was wearing a very short skirt with tights on, and I just
placed the pump in the waistband of the tights (without the clip or
anything to hold it in place) just next to the front of my hipbone and
it sat there quite happily all night and never moved, even with
vigorous dancing, didn't bulge (even though the skirt was clingy) and was easy to access too. I was really surprised
at that. Might work for you, Eleanor?