Re: [IPk] Eleanor - thigh things

OK, I've been experimenting with places to put the pump.
So far the bra thing works very well.
But what I do is put the pump in one of those "footsie" things (tights
material that just goes on your foot so you can wear shoes with tights
while looking like you have bare feet) -because it's horrible having
the actual pump next to your skin! - and then put it in my bra,
horizontally in the middle. It stays there perfectly (as longas you
are wearing a non-wired bra) and doesn't bulge at all. I've been
dancing with it like that and it hasn't fallen out yet. I've vevn
managed to pull it out discreetly while in public and bolus. if youw
ere wearing a derss it might be a bit more awkward though.
 What I've also
done is sew some Velcro onto the "footsie" thing so that you can then
velcro it to your bra or whatever you want. For now I just safety pin
the other piece of Velcro to whatever.

I got the thigh thing today to try out (thanks, Ray) and have been wearing it all
day. All I can say is I'm really glad I'm wearing along skirt and not
a short skirt! It's brilliant while you're sitting down, but as soon
as I move it starts to fall down. Attaching it to your underwear with
the clip doesn't help because the clip is stretchy and far too long
(if you want to wear it high on your leg). And then as I was walking
down the main road, the Velcro came undone and the  pump fell out of
the bottom and hit the road! Trying to reattach it while in the middle
of a busy street was, um, interesting!

I think I'll go back to trying the cycle shorts thing again instead -
I don't like Michael's safety pin thing with the shorts because you
have to have the clip on and that makes it really bulky. SO I'm going
to try the velcro thing and velcro it to the inside of the cycle
shorts. I'm going out dancing tonight in a very short skirt so we'll
see how it works.

Sorry, Ray, i think the thigh thing will be winging its way back to
Minimed.

Oh, if I wear jeans I clip it onto the waistband/belt or put it in the
front pocket. Isnt it uncomfortable in your back pocket when you sit
down?
I've also tried wearing it clipped onto the INSIDE of a pair of
stretchy trousers (with no pockets) while dancing (that way it doesn't
get in the way quite so much as when it's on the outside or risk
getting knocked off. Worked quite well especially as I kept needing to
get at it during the evening, but it was a bit in the way still.

Di