Re: [IPk] Glasgow Conference

>Eleanor Biddle wrote:
> > yeah, but then you have hassle of going to your locker blah blah blah.
> > think that's just me being lazy. Also you've got to remember how much
> > swimming uses. Do you use Actrapid in your pump John?
>No... Humalog for me as well. I'd just use Actrapid is this case since
>it has a slower smoother action. In fact, I'd probably use pork Actrapid
>which is even smoother.
>I remember last summer I had an no delivery alarm at 3am, and could be
>bothered to sort it out (can you at that hour of the night?). Bg was
>fine. So I disconnected, took 3 units of A and went back to bed.
>So what did you do at Center Parc...? The suspense is killing me... You
>spent the whole day with no insulin?

When I went to Center Parcs I was on Actrapid. 2 hours before we were due to
arrive I reduced my basel to 30%. I took it off as I was getting changed, bg
14 (it was about 10.30am). At 1.30 i was 4.1 so I had some chips, sugar and
injected 4 units of Actrapid. I did a couple more blood tests before the end
of the day and they were all about 10. When we got out I was feeling a bit
low so I raided the mick and mix along with everyone else. Got home and my
BG was 20!! Ooooops!! a few too many jelly babies! After I corrected it
everything was fine.

If i went again I would try to do more BGs and NOT go overboard on the

Gotta get my head back in the books!!