[IPk] New Members

Hi All

I thought I had better delurk, as I have been here a week or so.  I am not
yet on a pump but very interested in switching, I almost changed last year
but didn't for a variety of reasons.

I have just come back from what I think was a very encouraging meeting in
Bristol where the topic of discussion was setting up of a pump center here.
 I am hoping the hospital is going to be able to find the necessary
resources to be able to provide the support and I would hope that I will
find out in 2-3 weeks time.

The only other aspect was the financial side.  I understand that a number
of centers of set up trusts to provide some assistance, could somebody tell
what others have done and what the options may be.

On the question of carb counting, I was taught this when I was dxed over 12
years ago and for the most part I can still eyeball a plate of food and
come reasonably close but I guess from the conversations here, I will have
to tighten up as I have become a bit lax - although I still haven't figured
out pizzas yet.

Diabetes Insight & Support
mailto:email @ redacted
There are No Problems only Solutions