Re: [IPk] natty

Of course, that was all hypothetical since you're not old enough to
drink. Ele? <vbg> (at least until last week).

Assuming you're not going to be dancing or doing anything energetic, might
it not be better to bolus for the alcohol and then eat somehting later
when you get home
without bolusing for it and/or reduce the nightime basal rate? That
way you might in theory avoid both the high and the low?

I drank a couple of pints the other night and as an experiment bolused a
couple of units, and my Bg afterwards was spot on - my am BG
was also good but at the time I think my nighttime basal was too high
anyway, if you see what I mean.

Wine and spirits don't seem to affect my Bg at the time, only the next
morning.

John N, I think you said you bolused for the alcohol too? What do you
do about the low later? Or don't you get that?

Di
P.S. Like the term "whitey"!
My friends tend to call it "zoning out" cos I just tend to sit there
and look completely spaced out :-)