Re: [IPk] alarming pumps

Hi Morag.
yes, I am cycling the reservoirs.
it's definitely just an air bubble problem.
> Di ,
> Are you cycling the insulin reservoirs ?
> Basically this means moving the piston up and down a couple of times before
> filling with insulin .
> This spreads the lubricant evenly around the reservoir and dramatically
> reduces chances of no delivery .
> I agree with John that it would be ideal to get the reservoir and line
> checked for bubbles once or twice weekly at your GPs .
> It would only take a minute and would reduce your anxiety and risk of hypers

As I said, I have got someone to check it and it looked fine at the
time to them. Then the air appeared later. I know air can't just
appear from nowhere so I guess it just must have been hiding :-)

> I have no experience of storing full seringes and catheters in the fridge
> but cannot imagine that this would affect the insulin stability as the
> catheters as all materials used are ' insulin friendly '
> I will talk to my US colleagues to check but this sound like a good solution
> to me .

> I'm concerned that you may be getting A35 alarms which can occur if you
> manually turm the leadsrew during insertion of the reservoir .
> Turning the leadscrew accidentally by hand indicates to the pump that
> delivery may be too fast and causes the pump to turn off , alarm and display
> a A35 alarm which is a safety system to prevent overdelivery .
> As you know the Minimed cannot overdeliver as it has a solenoid motor and I
> think that you may be triggering this safety feature .
> Call if you want to discuss .

That was it, i think. A35. It only happened once.
I guess I just must have hit it by mistake.
I'll watch out for that one.