Re: [IPk] Testing

Hi Rhoda and Ian,

Thanks for confirming that the list is still alive, even if not
kicking so much currently.

Don't worry about the toilet paper. I think the panic buying may be
mostly a phenomenon of the sudden transition to this new situation.

Here in Israel, the government has been earlier than the UK in its
pronouncements - of course no one can know for certain what is best,
but the bottom line is that the panic buying started sooner here, and
is now stabilizing. Lots of toilet paper in the supermarket on
Thursday, much more than at the beginning of last week. People are
adjusting to a new (ab?)normal situation.

Of course as people with type 1 DM we are at somewhat increased risk
since it's an autoimmune disease.

But what bothers me personally at present in regard to DM is that the
panic has generated high BG which is still quite hard to control, even
though my personal panic level is subsiding - or so it seems to me.
And to minimize risks of catching any bugs, as well as of keeping well
in the future, it's particularly important to maintain normal BG as
much of the time as possible. And reduced activity due to attempts at
what is being referred to as "social distancing" and closure of the
gym and pool doesn't help. Oh well, we're going for an 8km hike this
afternoon in a nearby national park - that should help.

Take care and keep well,
Nanette