Re: [IPk] Update on continuing occlusion alarms saga

Hi Iain,

You raise good points.

 The only pattern I can discern us that the alarms occur only during basal
administration not bolus.

 As previously noted, these can occur while asleep, in the supermarket, while
reading, sitting at my computer, being tempted by wonderful plants at my local
family run working nursery etc.

 No medication changes. This started around 10 days after finishing 3 courses if
antibiotics and steroids for a persistent chest infection but really got going
about a week later. It has been going on persistently for 3 weeks now.

 I have no problem with the insulin. It works beautifully for me. I returned one
used tubing after an occlusion alarm to Animas for testing. Whether they tested
for insulin crystals, I don't know, but will follow this up on Monday.

 Interestingly yesterday and the day before 2 alarms indicated the pump 'not
primed girl delivery'
 but this is not recorded in the alarm history. Another point to be followed up
on Monday.

 I find your comments about replacement parts interesting... My list for Monday
is growing.

 Had to change my latest set after less than 36 hours due to inflammation
(redness) round cannula. Also had another alarm.

 I'll post next week when I have more info should someone else encounter thus
issue.

Thanks everyone.

Rhoda

Sent from my iPad