[IPk] Update on continuing occlusion alarms saga

 Think all options covered and nothing has resolved the issue. Pump replaced,
different Lot numbers of sets (Teflon and Stainless Steel), cartridges, insulin,
new sites yet conclusions still occurring. Can be as many as 3 in a day.

Technique reviewed and said to be okay.

Occlusions only occur during basal not bolus.

 Clutching at straws both Animas and I are wondering whether my body is mounting
a ridiculously powerful response to the presence of a 'foreign body' i.e.
cannula of whatever type.

 I developed antibodies to human analogue insulins and reverted to using pork
neutral without any issues.

 However my eldest sister also has a wacky immune system that over-reacts to
common naturally occurring chemicals in food which causes mega anaphylactic
shock syndrome. I'm starting to wonder whether there may be a genetic component
in this hyper-sensitive autoimmune system present in both of us?

 But how do I check whether this is the issue? Since the pump has been changed I
rule out pump issues.

Any thought on this anyone?

 By the way for newbies, Animas has never come across this before. conclusions
yes, but not where all avenues of resolving it have been exhausted. DSN
similarly has no other suggestion.

 Do you think it would be worth contacting another pumping centre for their
thoughts on this?

 Meantime, I disconnect tubing, prime it - no problem - reconnect and continue
until the next occlusion alarm. (Sensitivity setting is on Low, bolus admin rate
- Slow)

Rhoda

Sent from my iPad