Re: [IPk] New Accucheck pump/cost of CGM

 Whilst I can see that the CAM was a good investment for you in the UK self
funding is an expensive course of action especially if you haven't got the money
to spend on it. Buying food and paying the bills is very hard at times so self
funding CAM may be a dream but it is unlikely to come true.
>From Paul.

Sent from Samsung Mobile

email @ redacted </div><div>Subject: Re: [IPk] New Accucheck pump/cost
of CGM </div><div>
animas
vibe: I suspect very few people use CGM for 52 weeks a year, I think a lot of
people probably use it for a few weeks at a time and then have a break. I
recently got an Animas vibe pump from the NHS and Animas gave me a free trial
run of 2 dexcom CGM sensors (about a months worth of CGM time) which convinced
me of how useful it is, and I have just self-funded a dexcom GCM starter kit
with 4 sensors and a transmitter at a cost of #500. I plan to try to get the
most "learning" value out of each sensor/CGM period and then have a gap without
CGM where I try to apply what I learned.
My experiences and those of other users on this forum suggest that you may well
be very impressed with what the Dexcom CGM tells you. A personal investment of
 #500 for 4 sensors and a transmitter, which going on my experiences and those
of
other users, will give you 8 to 12 weeks of CGM with the option of buying more
sensors at approx #45 each until the transmitter conks out after 6-12 months
 (but there is no obligation to spend more if you dont want to) - this could be
very very wise investment of #500.... I wish I had had this option years ago
before I got complications....
I think the dexcom CGM is a game-changer, but even I cant see myself wearing it
365 days a year!

Jon.
Type 1 33 years. Pumping since 2006 with animas 2012 and now animas vibe.