Re: [IPk] Swimming all day

Thanks Di

 Yes I think I'm agreement with you re the long acting. It didn't work well for
me pre pump so wouldn't trust it now!

Will reconnect every hour, what's the worst that could happen........?!?

Gulp!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone

> On 26 Mar 2014, at 10:48, Diana Maynard <email @ redacted> wrote:
>
 > Some people find it easier to revert to a long-acting insulin just for the
day for the basal (and use the set just for boluses). If you're confident about
how the long-acting insulin will work, and if this is something that you do
frequently (spend a day in the water) so are prepared to experiment a bit, it
might be an option. Personally I just reconnect every hour, as I don't trust my
body's response to long-acting insulin or my ability to get the right dosage....

 > You can also try the SportsGuard thing which is waterproof, but it's bulky
and kind of annoying to wear while swimming etc. Plus it's a fiddle to seal it
up every time after you get the pump out to bolus etc.