Re: [IPk] New Accu Chek Insight Pump

They have one of each of the two pumps they offer, probably from the reps. And
you have to "book" your week with it. The nurse gets her knowledge from
wearing it too. The children's department also had "fun" with the Omnipod rep.
A friend works there and rushed round to show me how small it is. If and when
the CCG let adults have that one, that's my next choice. At the moment I'm
thrilled with the combo. I know they don't have a stash of pumps though,
because my pump turned up at clinic on the Friday and my start date was the
following Tuesday.

With regard to my long wait to be considered for the pump, I realise I was not
seeing the "receptive" consultant. I only got to see the pump nurse by
demanding the registrar make me an appointment. And crying on a different
nurse's shoulder. I did a clinical trial for them for over a year, which
demonstrated my commitment to looking after myself. And I wrote a very
carefully worded statement, which, despite my good HbA1c, ticked all the NICE
boxes. Now my afternoon hypos aren't so bad (not completely gone yet but still
tweaking) and my whole morning from waking to lunch is now in range (it used
to be a battle to get into single figures).

Helene x

Some hospitals clearly have a stash of pumps in the cupboard & you
can try before you buy.  Other hospitals have you choose "blind".

As for the CCGs & funding... The over-used term "postcode lottery"
springs to mind.

<email @ redacted>

wrote:

>>> Hi Belinda and Jonathan
>>>
>>> To me, Jonathan's email sounded like he actually has the pump
start
>>> appointment booked for 14 April.
>>>
>>> Jonathan, can you clear up whether you're going to be seen in the
pump
>>> clinic for the first time (for assessment) or whether you have
been told
>>> the 14th is your date for being trained on your pump?
>>>

>>> Cheers!
>>>
>>> Melissa

>>> discussion,

Roche