Re: [IPk] New Accu Chek Insight Pump

Hi Jonathan,

The NICE guidance, or your clinical needs would have to change before you would get CGMS funding on the NHS.  Pump funding is more routine.  The first requirement of CGMS funding is effectively that the pump improved, but did not resolve, the control issues.  This means that you must have tried the pump for a while first.

Not all CCGs (clinical commissioning groups) fund all pumps for all patients, nor do all hospitals offer all pumps - so you, the patient, are free to choose what they say you can.  You need to find out what your options are, and what choose from those.

CGMS is funded by the Commissioning Support Units (which serve larger areas than CCGs.

It isn't as clear cut as it ought to be.  The appointment is a discussion, then you choose a pump, they apply, you should be funded, the money is transferred, the pump is obtained by the clinic, an appointment is made, you start the saline trial, then you start on insulin.  That's easily 3 months.

Belinda

Jonathan Rohan Kickham <email @ redacted> wrote:
Hi Philippa I was really interested in your comments on the new Roche Accu Chek Insight pump and meter. I am due for my first pump on April 14 and am reading the pumpers comments for the first time with fascination. It does not look as if it will be available in time for me unfortunately. I wonder if it is worth delaying my first pump appointment. I am not convinced by the Animas product as I cannot see myself using CGM until it is funded on NHS. Jonathan T1 20 years, about to pump! Jonathan Rohan Kickham On 21 March 2014 19:02, Philippa Cooper <email @ redacted> wrote: > Hi > Just seen this on a sighting of the new Accu Chek Insight Pump & the new > cartidge filling device. Thought I'd post the link in case anyone > interested. > > > > http://circles-of-blue.winchcombe.org/index.php/2014/03/18/first-look-accu-chek-aviva-insight-pump/ > > Philippa > T1 18yrs Pump 9mths > > > > > SPAR There for you > > Disclaimer > This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the > individual to > whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of > the > author and do not necessarily represent those of SPAR (UK) Limited. If you > are > not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in > error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of > this > email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error > please > notify the administrator email @ redacted > Registered Address: SPAR (UK) Ltd, 66-68 College Road, Harrow, Middx, HA1 > 1BE. > Place of Registration: England > TEL: 0208 426 3700 > FAX: 0208 426 3701 > Registered No: 634226 > Please consider the environment - do you really need to print this email? > . > Follow us at https://www.twitter.com/insulinpumpers > Make a long URL short at http://type1.org . ---------------------------------------------------------- for HELP or to subscribe/unsubscribe/change list versions, contact: HELP@insulin-pumpers.org Follow us at https://www.twitter.com/insulinpumpers Make a long URL short at http://type1.org ~,&칻&Zoz"{{Zr,b좸Yhm -+mz(b1jZ'DK+aܩ{Z+