[IPk] Re Time for an Upgrade

Hi Mary,

"However, I was somewhat disappointed to learn that it does not have the added
feature of a hand held device to operate it from afar so that I could move on
from having to dip into my bra to fish it out to bolus! "

 I was at a pumpers' education day last Mon & amazingly, as I was the only
Animas pump user (Vibe), I had the luxury of the 'session with the rep' all to
myself, and so the opportunity to discuss all & sundry pump-wise with her for an
hour & half :) :) she's looking into my IOB gripes, took it all very seriously.
Anyway, I'd barely got the words out about what a difference it would make to
have a hand held device and ===> they know, yes yes they know very well, it's
one of the commonest grumbles and comparisons with other pumps they hear - "THEY
HAVE HAND HELD REMOTE DEVICES, WHY CAN'T WE?????" And in particular why it's
available for the Ping (US equivalent...ish) but not the Vibe? So it turns out
that the Ping remote works on wave lengths which would interfere with the
military here in UK which they hadn't realised in development! And that's why
there's no remote, so far...

 But never say never, at least Animas know it's a big gripe and they might get
their act together soon for UK pumpers.

Ingrid