Re: [IPk] Omnipod and hearing aid

My brother has done his research and come back with:

It seems that the Omnipod system uses 2 methods of wireless communication,
near field for secure programing and either 1Ghz or bluetooth (if new
version is out) for general monitoring. It uses secure digital encoding to
"pair" the 2 parts together so nothing else can communicate with it. The
worst that could happen is that the signal gets blocked so there will be no
communication. The Phonak hearing aids use 10.6Mhz so are so far away from
the frequency of the Omnipod as to be very unlikely to cause it a problem.
The Phonak also uses secure digital modulation to protect from
interference. So I would say they are fairly safe to use together. You can
never be 100% sure with RF but the same applies to all the other RF around
us that both devices will be exposed to anyway!

It looks as though you will be safe. It also makes you wonder why neither
company could do the same research my brother just did.

Good luck with it.

Tom

<email @ redacted<javascript:;>>