Re: [IPk] hi carb meal/wrong bolus/where did i go wrong?

 > I totally agree with your sentiments about experimenting with interesting
food,
 > but my experience has been that you can extend a bolus to deal with low GI
food,
> but you can't speed it up to deal with high GI food.

This is true. But many people find that short-acting insulins these days
work fast enough that this is never a problem (I certainly do, even
bolusing post-food).

 > To be fair, I don't suppose I could have figured out how to match low GI
foods
> like pasta using and extended bolus, without using a CGM.

With frequent enough post-meal testing you could, but it would be a lot
more of a pain!
Di