Re: [IPk] hi carb meal/wrong bolus/where did i go wrong?

Di Wrote:

> [...]
food as it matches their insulin action better.

 I totally agree with your sentiments about experimenting with interesting food,
but my experience has been that you can extend a bolus to deal with low GI food,
but you can't speed it up to deal with high GI food. A "healthy" sandwich at
lunch on nice wholemeal bread will spike my BG even if I prebolus by 20 mins.
OTOH yesterday's left over pasta with an extended bolus and my numbers will stay
pretty much flat.

 To be fair, I don't suppose I could have figured out how to match low GI foods
like pasta using and extended bolus, without using a CGM.

Joel