 From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of
Diana Maynard
Sent: 14 March 2014 11:10
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IPk] hi carb meal/wrong bolus/where did i go wrong?

Welcome to the world of experimenting with interesting food!

 Why do you think white bread is bad for diabetics though? I mean, it's not a
hugely healthy food generally, and it has a high GI so can raise your BG quite
quickly, but that doesn't actually matter as long as your insulin matches it.
Some people find high GI food is actually easier to deal with than low GI food
as it matches their insulin action better.

I don't believe there's any food at all that's "bad for diabetics".
 There's food that's generally not healthy. And there's food that for some
people might be problematic to match your insulin to. But nothing that's bad
specifically for all diabetics.
Di

On 14/03/2014 11:03, Hayward, Clare (SUT) wrote:
> I've just avoided them ALWAYS and
> only ever had rice (also better for diabetics than the white bread and
> not fattening, blah blah)
________________________________

Important Notice

 This message and any files transmitted with it are confidential to the
addressee.
 If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure copying or distribution
is
prohibited and may be unlawful.You should notify the sender immediately
and delete this message and any attachments without retaining a copy.

Please note that any views or opinions expressed in this message are solely
those of the author and may not represent those of the Company or School.
No liability is accepted by The Girls' Day School Trust for any loss or damage
incurred through use of this e-mail.

The Girls' Day School Trust. A limited company Registered in England No. 6400
 Registered Charity No. 306983. Registered Office: 100 Rochester Row, London
SW1P 1JP