RE: [IPk] hi carb meal/wrong bolus/where did i go wrong?

Hi Melissa
 Sorry, maybe I was being a bit dramatic so when I say "panic" I did a little
bit and I think YIKESS!!! Probably more apt as at 7.4 seeing active of 5.8 I did
think oh oh await the BIG crash which is why I kept testing about every 20 mins,
just to monitor so I don't think (hope) it was the adrenalin/panic rush

 On a separate note, this is where my now ILLUMINATED contour next is so great
as I can at least SEE in the cinema/theatre what my BGs were doing (I always had
to hoike pump out of bra, turn on the light, shine on finger to check blood
coming out, shine on meter to check strip in right way, then check to see it. At
least now the contour is lit up. hurrah

Hi Clare

 You mentioned feeling panic-stricken in the cinema....could you have had an
adrenaline rush that drove your glucose levels up on top of where the naan would
have taken you?

 On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 10:14 AM, Diana Maynard
<email @ redacted>wrote:

> On 14/03/2014 10:06, Hayward, Clare (SUT) wrote:
>

>>  > Yes, may try half a naan. Yes I even freaked at blousing for 8
>> units
> which is
> > what I did, as I usually only bolus for 3 units or so. I was panic
> stricken
> (in
>
>> the cinema in the dark) seeing it go to 7 when I had active units of
>> 5 as I
>>
> > thought I would be hypoing shortly but that didn't happen, I went
> > the
> other
> way.
> > Yes I thoguth the tomato sauce dish choice not so fatty or sweet as
> > other
> stuff
>
>> you could eat so though safeish but Hannah maybe I should have
>> bloused 1 unit for it in any event?
>>
>>   I'll keep trying as today I just thought that's it, I'm never
>> eating naan again!
>>

> Don't give up! Just experiment some more. I find with Indian food, if I
> stick to either mainly fat/protein (ie very little rice/naan and lots of
> meat/veg) or mainly carbs (mainly rice/naan - not nearly as interesting) I
> have much fewer problems. I also mostly only eat Indian food after sport or
> prolonged exercise (not deliberately, but it's just the way it happens as I
> only really eat it when away from home and out with friends), when my blood
> sugar tends to drop anyway, so I have to under-bolus considerably anyway
> and it's much easier to deal with.
> Di
________________________________

Important Notice

 This message and any files transmitted with it are confidential to the
addressee.
 If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure copying or distribution
is
prohibited and may be unlawful.You should notify the sender immediately
and delete this message and any attachments without retaining a copy.

Please note that any views or opinions expressed in this message are solely
those of the author and may not represent those of the Company or School.
No liability is accepted by The Girls' Day School Trust for any loss or damage
incurred through use of this e-mail.

The Girls' Day School Trust. A limited company Registered in England No. 6400
 Registered Charity No. 306983. Registered Office: 100 Rochester Row, London
SW1P 1JP