Re: [IPk] hi carb meal/wrong bolus/where did i go wrong?

How annoying Claire I know what u mean thou sometimes it seems more grief than
its worth! I ate a Chinese after having the baby and regretted it for days
high blood sugars overnight and then a crashing low when I 'rage bolused'! So
haven't bothered since.

This is not based on anything scientific I personally find that if I eat a
high carb/high fat meal I jus become more insulin resistant as I normally have
a rather low carb to insulin ratio 14grams / 1 unit of insulin.

Hope yr levels settle down for the weekend x

Sent from Samsung Mobile

<email @ redacted> </div><div>Date:14/03/2014  10:07  (GMT+00:00)
meal/wrong bolus/where did i go wrong? </div><div>
Thanks Melissa, Di and Hannah for your comments

 Well I did a correction this morning with my breakfast (which is exactly
carb
counted so I know how many carbs so not guessing or under/over blousing for
that) and it's now come down gradually to 13, 11 and 20 mins ago was 10.9, so
site working

 Yes, may try half a naan. Yes I even freaked at blousing for 8 units which
is
what I did, as I usually only bolus for 3 units or so. I was panic stricken
(in
the cinema in the dark) seeing it go to 7 when I had active units of 5 as I
thought I would be hypoing shortly but that didn't happen, I went the other
way.
Yes I thoguth the tomato sauce dish choice not so fatty or sweet as other
stuff
you could eat so though safeish but Hannah maybe I should have bloused 1 unit
for it in any event?

 I'll keep trying as today I just thought that's it, I'm never eating naan
again!

 BTW one thing you could try next time is half a naan - easier with things
that
are tricky to start with a small amount until you know how it affects you.
Di
________________________________

Important Notice

 This message and any files transmitted with it are confidential to the
addressee.
 If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure copying or
distribution
is
prohibited and may be unlawful.You should notify the sender immediately
and delete this message and any attachments without retaining a copy.

Please note that any views or opinions expressed in this message are solely
those of the author and may not represent those of the Company or School.
No liability is accepted by The Girls' Day School Trust for any loss or
damage
incurred through use of this e-mail.

The Girls' Day School Trust. A limited company Registered in England No. 6400
 Registered Charity No. 306983. Registered Office: 100 Rochester Row, London
SW1P 1JP