Re: [IPk] Sensors & Animas Vibe Update

Hi Fay

 I would echo what others have said, compared to the accu Chek combo the menus
and general operation is very clumsy. However I find it works just the same,
it's just a case of getting used to the menus.

 I wouldn't have recommended it as a pump until last week, when I started using
CGM, which I self fund and buy through animas directly. I would now
wholeheartedly recommend it! The sensor is comfortable and incredibly accurate,
so far it has been within 0.5mmol/l of a fingerstick, being able to know a
reading and the direction it's heading is so much more meaningful than just a
reading which could be rising or falling rapidly. The confidence this has given
me for exercise and also overnight has given me the confidence to tighten up my
control already.

 In addition it has given me a lot of information to act on. For instance, I
have picked up on the fact that within the hour after a meal I spike up to
around 12-14 before falling into range 1 hr after the meal. Previously I
wouldn't have picked this up with a fingerstick test, but now I'm aware of this
I have been able to act on this by bolusing earlier.

If you've any specific questions feel free to ask!

Hope this helps
Cathy