Re: [IPk] Timesulin query

 Actually, I had two pump failures with my old 522. Both happened on a Friday
and the second one was on a bank holiday weekend. It took Medtronic till the
next Wednesday to get a replacement to me (at that time you had to wait until
the UK offices re-opened before they would dispatch of a replacement under
warranty). If I remember correctly, on the second occasion I used the cat's
Lantus.

 Cat is no longer with us and Lantus long gone, but since starting on my new
pump, I keep the old one on "standby" in case of failures. I have it set on a
minimal basal program of 0.05 u/hr so it doesn't think it has run out of insulin
and set off the alarm. I have had to wind back the piston once, and replace the
batteries once, but if my Vibe dies, I will be good to go. I do keep a couple of
daily-dose minisyringes in my emergency kit just to keep me going until I can
get home and fire up the old pump.

Joel