Re: [IPk] Warranty on pump

On 04/03/14 10:49, Melissa Ford wrote:
> Hi Di
>
> Medtronic has taken a more proactive approach to discussing warranties with
> patients so that they can push the issue with clinics.
Makes sense - I was worried that they were refusing to honour the order
for supplies for out-of-date warranties, but maybe this was not what was
meant.

> Some clinics have
> told patients that pumps will continue to be replaced as if they are under
> warranty after the warranty has expired, which is cheeky.#

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean here...Do you mean the clinic is
waiting until the pump breaks before they'll order a new one, after the
warranty has expired? That was the case with my clinic, until I reminded
them they were legally obliged to replace it when the warranty ran out.
Their argument was that the pump wasn't going to stop working just
because the warranty had expired. My argument was that if it did stop
working, I'd have to wait for them to authorise a new pump, and
Medtronic wouldn't send me a temporary replacement. After arguing for a
while, they gave in and ordered me a new pump!
Di