Re: [IPk] Warranty on pump

Hi Alice
You need to contact your DSN (if you have one) and usually they'll then
arrange it with the funders. In most cases, it's straightforward and
more or less automatic, but the onus is usually on you to contact your
DSN and get the ball in motion. Other hospitals it'll be more of a a
procedure....you can ask them about whether you can change to a
different pump (if your hospital deals with multiple pump companies, it
shouldn't be a problem). by default, you'll probably just get an upgrade
to the latest model of that manufacturer, unless you specifically
request a different pump.

What's odd is that Medtronic don't normally refuse to give you more
supplies if your pump is out of warranty (or did I misunderstand that?).
I'd question this if so! It shouldn't affect your ability to get more
supplies for your out-of-warranty pump, while you're waiting for a new
pump. Or were they just letting you know?
Di