[IPk] Warranty on pump

Morning All,

I'm on a mini-medrtonic pump. I called yesterday to order more supplies and
was told my warranty has expired. Medtronic said I'll need to contact my
hospital to ensure that it's renewed and to check about an upgrade.

I just wondered if anyone knows how this all works? Will the hospital
automatically renew the warranty (i.e. funding for a pump) or do you still
have to meet certain criteria? I wondered if it's the case that once you're
on a pump that's it for life, or whether they review your need for one -
hope not, as I certainly wouldn't want to go back to injections!

Also, in terms of an upgrade, do you get a choice or would it just be the
next model up in Medtronic's range (if there is one).

Thanks,
Alice